In honor of Women’s History Month, the Literacy unit for March is based around the book She Persisted. Here are the activities produced by the group during our September work day:
Recipe to apply to each part:
(There are 13 women highlighted in the book. This “recipe” can be applied to each)
- Artic–listen for your sound, write down 2 words you hear
- Vocabulary & language–bigger words (monstrosity) have them on index cards and use them as a talking point–building or have them listen for a word they don’t know.
- Compare and contrast using different graphic organizers
- Retelling-using a flow map but writing or drawing a picture
- Every chapter has an important quotation–have them discuss, especially the figurative language.