Welcome to JCPS SLP online book club. We will be reading The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old boy with Autism by Naoki Higashida. If you are interested in participating in the book club this go-around you should check it out!
Just like last time, this book club will operate a little differently than traditional, meet-once-per-week book club! We will check in once per week, but you will do it via the blog!
Here is how this will work:
Each week (the posts will publish on Wednesday mornings) we will cover 1-2 chapters from the book. One person will be responsible for putting together a reflective post for the chapter(s). It does not have to be extremely long or in depth, it just needs to be reflective of what you read. In your post, you should include questions and statements that provoke discussion among your fellow book club members. Book club members will then post comments and or questions about their thoughts on the chapter and questions posed in the post.
Here are the requirements (to earn PD credit):
- Each person must sign up to compile one post (covering 1-2 chapters). This post will need to be submitted by the Monday before at noon.
- Each person must make at least 5 comments throughout the course of the study.
- You must log on and read the post each week, even if you choose not to comment on that particular post.
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you will earn 3 hours of PD credit! And you can do it all at home in your bunny slippers!We will start with chapter 1 on 2/8/17. This will allow you time to get the book and get started reading, but also allow us to complete the study before summer break!
- This is a great opportunity to earn credit, connect with other SLPs and enrich your practice through learning about the perspectives of others! If you have questions or comments, please leave them below! If you are wondering, someone else probably is as well!
- Please let me know if you are planning to participate by sending an email to: Kinsey.firstname.lastname@example.org by 2/1/17. Also, if you have a request for the chapter you would like to post about, include that information as well.